Connect with me

I'm on facebook, y'all. And would love to connect. Click on the post-title to get a link and add me. Click on my p...

41 days ago: Asian Fixation

We celebrated William’s successful prosecution at Benihana today. It was good cos it felt normal again.

Sheesh!

We’ve been together barely a month and we already sound like a suburban couple with three kids and a dog, getting by from one date night to another.

He spoke a little of his family while the sushi-chef was doing the freak show. Being a product of the one-child policy, he said he envied me for having siblings. He makes everything sound so theoretical!!! But I’d be happy to switch places with him anytime. That way, you don’t have to share your parents or your stuff. And no one ever replaces you as the baby.

I guess the trial was still on his mind because he suddenly began speaking of the Chief Administrator’s brilliance in bringing in the thief’s sister to force a confession. JESUS!!! He called it Myoshu. Some sort of an inspired move in Go, which is some sort of Asian Chess. Must be a big deal, cos even the sushi-chef knew about it. And then they got into an argument about who invented the game, the Chinese or the Japanese. *facepalm*. Like it matters!

My silly Billy, he’s so full of the far-east stuff. I hope we Americans don’t sound like this to the rest of the world.

Just to get him to shut up about Big Chief, I told him I used to have a crush on that Douchebag Dandy, as he’d once called him. He reddened a little, ate his Sashimi in silence for a while and jokingly said that he now felt the same way.

I was like Whaaa? I tried telling Billy how it was SO not cool to bring in the defendant’s sister like that. It’s not like she did anything wrong. And what if the man was innocent? How was he going to explain it to her later on?

She reminded me so much of Tammy... all bossy like.

And then William totally tripped me up with a question―Would I feel the same way if I were Mrs Katzoff? Or her son? And then he went off on a rant about the weight of a crown, and precedents and what not. I don’t remember much else, I just tuned him out.

So yea, date-night didn’t go as well as I’d hoped.

But the sex was good.

Maybe I should wake him up for seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment