Connect with me

I'm on facebook, y'all. And would love to connect. Click on the post-title to get a link and add me. Click on my p...

89 days ago: Objects In The Rear View Mirror

So I went to the Quarantine Zone today... this isn’t the best time to be writing this post, I know, but if I don’t write it now, I just might end up becoming as numb as the Chief Administrator. From his memos to that UN guy, you’d think all he sees there is output, yield, targets, numbers. What a freakin’ douche!

Being out there in the zone, seeing it for real, was something else. And the camp-site... I have no words. And I grew up in a trailer-park with no mother, a comatose father, a middle child.

And death rates? Wtf bro! The members of the mutant council were so chill about it. A whole lot more than I’d have been.

The journey back was even worse. There was this woman on the road, standing there with a baby in her arms, begging for credits. She said her baby’s weekly antidote was overdue and anything we could spare would help.

And to think the peacekeeper would’ve run her over had it not been for No. 2. I just couldn’t turn away and kept looking in the mirror until I couldn’t see her anymore.

Luckily for me, the shit had hit the fan when I got back. Dr DeChampeaux was on the verge of decking the Head Auditor. And from the look on his face, she was already done cussing him xD

God, I just love the way she stands up for herself.

Apart from getting the Chief Administrator’s schedule in line, there were a ton of his voice-memos to be transcribed as well. And I didn’t have the time to think about things until William came over.

He stopped by after the Chief Administrator took off for that felicitation thing with No. 2 and asked about my visit. I guess he’s a good listener because I kept going. And when I got to the part about the woman begging for her child, I was on the verge of tears.

He was trying to help, I guess, but each awkward sentence that came out of his mouth only made it worse. And then he tried to show me some lolcats on YouTube. I was like―Dude, that baby could be dead by now and you’re showing me cat videos!?

He sat there quietly for a while, and then said this:

“How do you get a dead baby in a blender?
Feet first of course.
How do you get it out?
With tortilla chips...”

I was like Whaaaa? But when I saw him smile, I realized I was smiling too. And then we both had a wicked laugh as we looked up ‘Dead Baby’ memes. It’s messed up af, I know, but I guess that’s one way of dealing with a world gone to shit.

He has this really weird sense of humour but  I guess he’s sweet in his own way. He read my file, he stayed thru all my drama, he even made me laugh. Somebody has a thing for you, gurl...

Ok, so it just hit me. He read my file! So he must have seen my ‘official’ photo as well.

#BadLighting #BadHairDay #NoFilter

Aaaargghh!!!

Hmm... I think I’ll bring some meatloaf for him. All I ever see him eating is cup noodles at his desk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment